Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Supermarket

I am feeling better today. Last night's dinner was horrible. Well the rice and beans were good and very low in fat and calories but the chicken was as moist as toilet paper. Think about putting lemon pepper on that and eating it up. Ah no thanks. But I guess this is a learning process. I knew before we went out for errands that food was going to be a problem. Joe likes to eat out and so do I. So being proactive I googled the Wendys website and found out what I could eat that was within my calorie and fat content. I had an Ultimate Chicken grill sandwich and a small chili. For about 500 calories and 13 grams of fat. The hard part was the fact that I watched Joe eat a Bacinator and fries. And they smelled soooo good. I told him that and he said he would try to eat the same things I do when we go out. Then later at home he tried really hard to get me to eat a bowl of ice cream with him. WTH is up with that? It upset me and I told him that too.

Today we went to the grocery store. We squaballed a bit over food and I am sure my choices dont please the two other male eaters in this house (Tyler and Joe) and I am sure my label reading annoyed them too but oh well. This is about me and what I need to do. Tyler had a hissy last night and told me he didnt love me and threw a lollypop at me. When I tried to explain to him that in the bags next to him that my Christmas gift money bought was hats and mittens, a flashlight and pack of nerf darts and some clothes for HIM. He kicked my seat and scowled at me and that made me dissolve into a blubbery mess of tears. I cried hard and I think he finally realized it was bad to say those things but it proves the point that here I am doing for everyone else. Those two need to have some patience and let me do for me for a while. As I write this Joe is off at work for a few hours and I have a super delish chili on the stove. I used lean hamburg cause they were out of turkey at the MB and two kinds of beans to up the fiber. I have low fat Mexican cheese for the top and will make some tacos with fat free flour tortillas later this week. I may even attempt to get some corn tortillas and bake some chips to have with salsa. I have to google how to do that though! For now I am just going slow and trying to adapt to a fresher perspective of eating. And pray the scale is good to me on Saturday when I hop on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment