Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 1

I woke up this morning and realized it was past 7 am, a feat in this house of mine. Joe and Tyler came in and tried to be quiet. I snoozed some more, pure bliss. Then Joe began to rub my back which was achy and sore because I have been camped out on the couch fearing what mischief Tyler might get into when he gets up at night. So after a decent sleep and a deep tissue massage I was totally content. Then the pager phone rang. That effin thing I hate it. And the rat race of the day began. Joe is working today. On his DAY OFF. I am here with the kids unshowered and irate. None of the other techs are working today cause clearly they outsmarted Joe and his boss. I know it will be nice to get a little extra in his check and I can use that for some great fruits and veggies at Whole Foods but today was supposed to be our day, a family day. Tomorrow I will spend the morning have a repeat glucose test. I am worried about the outcome of it too. I will find out on Wednesday at my physical what is going on in this fat laden, dysfunctional body of mine. But back to day 1-I have digressed. I ate my breakfast as I fed the baby her own bowl of oatmeal. I also had a piece of 12 grain bread that toasted nicely and some butter I found at Whole Foods that is organic, has 6 grams of fat per tablespoon and 50 calories. Its made from organic sweet cream and its whipped. It melted easily and I had an orange too. All that for less than 400 calories and 9 grams of fat. I drank 4 large glasses of water and have kept busy cleaning. My bathroom is sparkling. It took my mind off food for a while cause if I know I cant have it, I want it. I also checked out the flub that lays atop my yoga pants and that helped me see why it would be a bad idea to eat those M and M cookies in my kitchen. So then I panicked about what to have for lunch and dinner. With some thought I managed a tuna sandwich with a little mayo on toasted bread and I have some strawberries for later. I am actually content, not stuffed right now. I think if I can get some lower fat mayo or greek yogurt to make tuna I can eat it most every day for lunch. If I can find low fat provolone cheese to melt on it even better. I will stick to oatmeal for breakfast too cause I like it. I think on the weekends I will make egg beaters and some low fat sausage but for now I will buy some real oatmeal and see how that goes. I can chop up apples and add some cinnamon or raisins or a handful of slivered almonds too. I can have some fruit during my C period duty cause I cant imagine eating oatmeal and then fruit and then running out the door. So it really will be dinner and then the need for chocolate after dinner that will be hard for me. I have chicken, green beans and rice pilaf planned for tonight and steak for tomorrow night. One day at a time, one meal at a time right? Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment