Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Attack Plan!

So after I had my Auntie Annie's pretzel which was slathered in salt and butter and washed it down with a DIET coke, an oxymoron in itself, I thought how am I going to do this? For some time I have been looking at options, Weight Watchers, Atkins etc. I did a large amount of research on the FDA approved medication orlistat which is now sold over the counter as Alli. It is something that won't cause high blood pressure or other effects because it works in your belly to block some of the fat you eat from being absorbed. Fat calories are the hardest to get rid of and the worst kind to take it. Thats a no brainer there. Alli wont be a magic pill or an answer to why I over eat and why I love to eat the wrong foods but it will enhance the effects of a healthy lifestyle. There are effects if you dont follow the plan which are basically farts with oily spotting, greasy filled stools and sudden or hard to control bowel movements. For those who know about my job and where I am housed this year, I teach five classes in different rooms. Its not easy to get to the bathroom period and the thought of crapping myself in front of 30 kids is a great deterrent from eating a Whopper and paying for it. I signed up online after buying a small smarter kit of Alli and it gave me the calorie count and fat count of what I need to eat each day, 1600 calories and no more than 17 grams of fat per meal. Alli works on what you have eaten for one hour before taking the pill and 2-3 hours after. I also plan to add the exercise into my routine. When and how is an entity of its own to figure out but even if I walk in the fieldhouse aka the gym at school for a half an hour or pound the pavement of MHS during hall duty its better than just sitting there like I have been. I want to teach my kids good habits and be here for them. I have a fear that on Friday I will fail the glucose test and be diagnosed with diabetes or pre diabetes. There is cardiac disease in my mothers family that has caused heart attacks, strokes, blocked arteries, bypass surgeries, stents, valve replacements and ultimately death. I don't want to be part of those stats. Lets just hope for now I can manage the "effects" of the alli and get started in baby steps by losing a few pounds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment